4 Helpful Tips for Preventing Diaper Rash
What’s diaper rash?
Diaper rash also called red ass. Once babies have diaper rash, his/her bum will become red and fester. Due to different reasons, diaper rash can divided to Allergic diaper rash and Irritating diaper rash.
Allergic diaper rash
We all know some babies have sensitive skin and are prone to allergic reactions. If the diaper material selected is inferior or the baby is allergic to a certain material, it will cause diaper rash. Usually diaper rash caused by material, baby’s thighs and waist will be more red and swollen, festering.
Irritating diaper rash
In addition to allergic diaper rash, there is another diaper rash-irritating diaper rash. Irritating diaper rash is caused by not changing diaper in time. Urine and feces produces reaction, and the pH rises, so that the enzyme in the feces damages the skin and cause a diaper rash.
Here are 4 extremely helpful methods to help prevent diaper rashes before they get out of control.
1. Cream – Using a diaper rash cream as a preventative has been so helpful for us.
2. Avoid using baby powder. Because the powder is easy to harden after absorbing water, it can not only maintain local dryness, but also irritate the baby’s skin.
3. When washing your baby’s buttocks, use warm water and don’t use soap and reduce local irritation.
4. Change baby diaper often. Choose best quality baby diapers and change diaper frequently in order to keep babies’ butt dry.
- Previous: How to use a menstrual cup?